Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Student Position
Research and Lab Description:
Dr. Jillian Lee Wiggins at the Translational Emotion Neuroscience and Development (TEND) Lab in the San Diego State University/University of California, San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology is accepting a graduate student for the next cycle of applicants (enrollment 2023). Gain unique research training on an NIMH-funded project examining neural mechanisms of early childhood irritability, the Brains in Growth-Emotions (BIG-E) Study. We use functional and structural MRI methods, observational laboratory-based measures, and clinical diagnostic interviews.
Successful candidates should have a keen attention to detail, the ability to work professionally with parents and children, and strong organization, problem-solving, and analytic skills. Prior background in psychology, development, or neuroscience is preferred and experience in functional MRI is prioritized. We seek an applicant who is motivated, ambitious, and prepared for a hands-on research experience including the use and development of new tasks and techniques.
Training Will Include:
– Conducting clinical and neurocognitive assessments in children and parents
– Collecting MRI data using child-friendly techniques
– Managing and supervising undergraduate students
– Assisting with research protocols and compliance; (5) sophisticated developmental statistical and fMRI analysis
– Frequent publishing opportunities
If you have questions about this position please contact Dr. Jillian Lee Wiggins by email at email@example.com.