Volunteer Research Assistant Position
Now accepting applications for multiple positions with a start date of February 2024
Research and Lab Description:
The TEND Lab is a group of researchers at San Diego State University and the University of California, San Diego, that studies the development of social and emotional functioning (e.g., regulating one’s own emotions, perceiving others’ emotions, interacting with others) in children and adolescents who have psychological disorders, like anxiety, depression, severe irritability, and/or autism. In particular, TEND Lab researchers are interested in understanding how the brain works within these disorders and how to leverage information about the brain to improve treatments for these disorders. To accomplish this, TEND Lab researchers use functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), functional connectivity, and genetic, behavioral, and neuropsychological tools.
Some of the responsibilities of research assistants include data collection, data processing, data entry, assisting families with questionnaires, scheduling and screening families, and completing administrative duties. Advanced research assistants have the opportunity to explore their own research questions and present posters at conferences. Research assistants at TEND Lab develop clinical and research skills by obtaining valuable experience necessary for graduate school.
Requirements for Research Assistants:
– Minimum GPA: 3.5
– Hours Required Per Week: 10
– Class Level: Sophomore or Junior
– Length of Commitment: at least 1 year
– Good qualities include: organizational skills, professional & warm demeanor, flexibility to work evenings & weekends
– Interest in developmental psychology & neuropsychology
Requirements for Applying:
– Attach a cover letter, CV or resume, & a copy of a transcript
– Send attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line written as “First & Last Name, TENDLab RA Position.” Please do this in lieu of the RAAP Application.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Dr. Jillian Lee Wiggins by email at email@example.com.